Saturday, February 03, 2007



Of all the weird and nausea-inducing sights I've seen, that big bloody skinless, eye-lid-less, lip-less cow's head on resting on the big round wooden blood-stained chopping block trumps it all. Mumsy and I were turning into this little alley in the wet market to look for a certain stall, and being the unobservant lump I am (which in this case would have had proven useful... :S) I didn't notice a single thing except for the target destination until mum gave a startled jump. *ahem* I mean jump literally. Which then brought the monstrosity to my attention. It wouldn't have been bad if it had it's eyelids or something intact. Seeing those black shiny eyes looking as though they would nearly pop out of their sockets is just ... undescribable. Yet, morbid perverted person that I am, I just had to take a second look :S!!! We basically just back out and ran off from that alley. Those traders must have thought us chicken or something, but better than me chucking my breakfast anyways. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

And no matter what mum says, horseshoe crabs look just plain weird. And I don't like seeing live stuff for sale, fresh as they are. My pride at being a land-being tells me stuff that comes out from the water = weird. Though I'll readily admit fishies in a bowl are pretty. Weird but pretty.

Will start on the xiao long pao tomorrow, perhaps they might last long enough for nana... if they work out that is.

No comments: