Sunday, February 17, 2008

From now on I promise that I will never again not remember to bring my camera whenever I go out somewhere that I know might carry the possibility of having flowers around. I've missed quite a few chances while on the marae visit to Akar, and a few as well just before the trip when I was buzzing around the gardens.

So it's Sunday now. Sis left early this morning with her beloved and one of my in-law. Hoo hoo, and these words are coming as a reminder for mum and dad to cut their losses early and also because now that sis's well away in Palmy, and me safe and sound down South here, I can bleat as much rubbish as I like without fear of repercussion. Double hoo hoos. Despite my hoo hoo-ing, it's really hateful though to have to be left behind without family again. Watching Aunty S iron B's shirts and pants yesterday before helping him with the packing really made me jealous. Groar! How dare he or anyone be pampered when Mano-mano hasn't her mum to pamper her?! Huh? Huh?!

Dinner is cooking downstairs right now. I'm still not really into the mood for cooking. After cooking for two over summer, having to think about feeding myself only now seems kind of a pointless exercise. Especially when I'm the sort to get highs on bread and peanut butter and yes, raisins! (Peanut butter has got to be the magical go-with-anything for food. I heard from a friend that a friend of hers takes roast chicken with peanut butter and jam! MmmmMmmm, but I've got no roast here... ) But at least I've managed to kick myself into making the laziest yet most comforting dinner of all. Soup. Lol. Back to standard cook for the weeks' meals routine again. Minimal prep and watching required. Grin.

My first run will officially start tomorrow... with... not a bang, but a lecture, a ward round, and a whole big big BIG bunch of tutes running until ... wth.. 6pm?! Sigh. Cry. Groan. Nice way to start off the run and year. Not really looking forward to it, and yet kinda looking forward to it as well. Can it get any more contradictory? Don't think so.

And played Balderdash yesterday as well. I'm surprised with the type of stuff that our minds can make up when pushed too. Wonder what the colour the brains of my friends and sis are? Though I don't think anyone can come up with stuff other than what they did for the movie title 'Rentadick'. And boobook apparently is some little Oz owl that knows only two words - 'More pork'. It's a scary pest I tell ya. Go into the pig pen at night and you'll see it digging out some poor piggy's throat. Lol. I wonder if the creative part of my brain expanded a teeny weeny bit? Should I be happy for that little expansion, or should I be more worried about what functions I might have lost instead because of that expansion? oi h aoiwhr vntio toh .... oh daer, lsot teh spellig prat of my bairn. Booooobooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook!!!

No comments: