Thursday, September 06, 2007

Holiday is nearly coming towards the end now. Haven't really been bothered to visit blogger, not when there's so much more interesting things around to do :P.

Had a potluck on the Friday afternoon that was the last day of class. Apparently the Gizzy debriefing thingamajig was cancelled or something. Just as well. I can barely remember what I actually did during that time now. The stuff the others made lasted for both lunch and dinner, and with leftovers too! I made egg tarts and chocolate tarts for dessert. The chocolate one was a bit on the bitter side, simply because I added no sugar to the filling, though having ice cream on the side did help things somewhat.

Walked around the botanical gardens as well after making a trip to UniMart. The weather was extrememly good then I remember and the plants were starting to come into bloom. Watched as well a couple of idiotic kiddies playing silly in the playground and heard from Ch that she had a video of her freaking out as she faked a plunge to her death :P! And she hasn't shown it to me yet.. must remember to pester her!

Went to Qtwn for a short holiday. I guess when one is willing to spend and goes around to look at the place properly, it's quite an enjoyable place for tourists. The last time I came away with the idea that there wasn't much in Qtwn but simply because I spent less than a day there and part of that time was at night-time and it was freezing too at that time. Talking about the weather, it was quite warm there when we went and not to mention that it was quite sunny for most of the time. We went on the gondola and played on the luge (however it's pronounced :S), went on the Shotover jet and on a cruise across the lake, walked around the tiny gardens there, perved the chocolate shop, played a tarted up version of mini-golf (at which I'm lousy), ate heaps and enjoyed myself thoroughly. *kekeke* Had to endure the unpleasant experience of eating seafood, but for which I would be rewarded with the joy of watching someone eat cheese as punishment soon. I just haven't decided what form is the cheese to be. Heh heh.

Dance practice for the med cultural night has been on three days a week in the mornings. For the most part, the dance is pretty much alright now. Just the finer details that needs working on so that we don't end up portraying ourselves as geeks attempting dance. *eeps!* I wonder occasionally during practice times as I watch myself in the mirror why I agreed to Q's proposal, considering that I know full well that I didn't inherit any grace in dancing from my parents. *grimace* Just as well I didn't rashly agree to doing the fast dance as well when Q asked!

Been to two different little cafes for breakfast during the weekends as well. It's part of wanting to try the most of what Dnd's eateries have to offer before I hightail it out of here. First up was Capers and had a go at their famous gourmet pancakes. Looking at the portion sizes, it doesn't look like much, but it was just as well that I shared my order otherwise I might end up another of those patrons that leave unfinished food here and there. *Tut tut* And Croque-o-Dile is another. We went to the one at the gardens and I'm not too impressed by the selection of stuff there. The muffin and cake that I tried were lovely, but variety is part of what I'm looking for too!

My camera has been rather busy as well. I've just realised what great subjects flowers are. Unlike animals and humans, they are all photogenic and for most of the time, obedient and stay still. Not sure if my laptop will have enough space to store them all though, since each picture is almost two Mb and I just can't bring myself to alter them into smaller files *yeah, I know, stooopid =.=*.

Can't be bothered writing more... still looking around. Found a promising place round Addington but will see what other options pop up...

No comments: