Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Saw tofu patties that A brought to school for lunch the other day that her mum had made for her. Immediately the greedy porker I was remembered grandma's 'protein balls' made of tofu. Mmmm. Must have some. But patties would certainly make it more portable for school lunches. So bus-ed out to Kosco just to get the tofu and then some breadcrumbs (this I'm pretty sure grandma never used though) from PnS. Got home, squeezed some of the water out of them tofu blocks (man paper towels just don't cut it, I want a proper cloth for this!) but not well enough since the result was still pretty moist, and then peanut butter, some pepper, some salt, some dried shrimp, some soy sauce, some salt, some sesame oil, some oats, some breadcrumbs, some ground ginger and garlic.... and some more of that yummy crunchy peanut butter, ball it up, roll it in crumbs again. You would think that it sounds horribly salty. Turns out that more salt was still needed actually. And more peanuts. And despite how horrible and how much I detest coriander.... I think it needed some of that stinky herb grandma loves to chuck in. Gaaaah.... what else is missing? Another thing to squeeze out of my grandma when I get back.

Had a chance at catheterising a guy today. Only problem was I didn't hold it up stiff enough and so it couldn't quite get past the stricture. That and no pee came out, even after the house surgeon stuck it all the way in. :S .... took it out cos she said never leave one in unless one is confident where it is. And haven't put a line in succesfully for ages now. Not that I've gotten much chance at it so far. Gaaaah.... My skills are going to turn munted soon.

What am I thinking now?? I should be studying for the psych interview OSCE thingy tomorrow.... but I'm not in the mood.... sweat....

No comments: