Friday, July 13, 2007

Haven't been posting for quite a while due to a naughty internet connection and my obsession at having a picture with each post (which I obviously have relaxed somewhat now *frowns*). Started another module, IIC and also regional and clinical anatomy. The latter I've not been enjoying at all, simply because at the moment we've been doing the muscles and nerves and what not in and around the face and neck region, regions that I had hoped never to have to touch or look at in a cadaver. Yes, we're doing dissections in that area. Oops. Did I mention we? I've been... *ahem* abstaining from doing any dissections actually, letting the few group mates who happen to be enthusiastic about it do the dirty work of finding a so and so nerve or vessel such and such, choosing to flit about the prosections and models instead. The first time we had the dissection where we had to reveal the superficial muscles of the cheek area must be the first time I came *this* close to purging my breakfast. Though come to think of it, considering the amount of fats I've been slowly packing away, maybe not such a bad thing? Lol.

The international food fest and Telecom wearable arts exhibition was on yesterday in the link area. Didn't manage to catch the exhibition/ catwalk because of the time we spent looking for food. The crowd and queues at the coupon booth (sad, they need a more efficient way to sell their coupons I say!) and the various food stalls were just phenomenal. Bo, puppy and I all went around the stalls looking to see what was available, and were slightly let down by the fact that there wasn't many stalls around. There was one by the Sri Lankans, the Taiwanese club, Bei wang (not sure what they are about still), the Thais, the Japan club and the Muslim association. Did I miss out any?? Ended up getting the Arabian rice with chicken (rice was a bit plain, but chicken was nice, though perhaps the piece was a bit much!) and the dessert box (heavenly! but I wish I knew the names. The biscuity one reminded me a lot of the ghee cookies from home which I absolutely love, and the sticky roll-up thingy with caramel on the outside and pastry with some sort of mild cheese was lovely too) from the Muslim stall, and used up my total of six bucks. I thought I had spent too much time waiting just to get the food, but Bo and puppy took even longer, so I guess I got lucky. Bo got two packs of food from the Sri Lankan stall, and puppy decided it would be fun to torture himself by going through a couple of queues at a few different stalls *lol*.

Reminded by Sh yesterday that I eventually will have to sort out my accomodation for next year. I'm intent on staying with my sis (geez, otherwise what a waste of my effort choosing Chch - warning to worm: don't you dare move off now!), and options will have to be explored soon. I wonder (1) what sort of exceptions can the uni make for me, (2) how lucky do I have to get to be an RA, (3) the price range, area and what agent or whatnot I should be looking for. *shrug* Another problem would be moving my stuff up North as well. Gosh, I've been moving about non-stop every year for about 3, going on 4 years now. I'm terribly sick of it, I doubt if I'm cut out to be a nomad, but then again getting to live in different houses and places isn't too bad an experience, but the dreaded packing.... *groans*

Posting from med lib at the moment. I'm waiting for my turn at doing my interview at 12.40pm. I'm not sure how lucky it is to get the scenario that we were shown on video during the first workshop, but might as well be resigned to my fate and give my best shot at not laughing out loud during the interview or peeing in my pants from the simple fear of interviews. Okay, maybe not to the extent of peeing, but I think nana would be well advised to send over some *ahem* happy pills asap before my second interview for I'm having palpitations now. Don't really see the point of these interviews, especially when there's been such a great time lapse in between my last one and this upcoming one for I've practically forgotten everything. I'd rather it be a regular thing just like these Cal tests we've been having. Hope I don't laugh, hope I don't laugh, hope I don't laugh.....

First class for my elective today this afternoon. Can't wait for it actually. I'll confess to not being too enthusiastic about it initially, but now after having done my readings, I'm looking forward to it. The readings have been very interesting, about mainly how views and practices have changed over time (in general and in Old England). After having been away from the main campus all these while, I'll have to try and recall where Castle a is now lol. How sad that all I know is mainly St Dave's and Colquhoun and Gowland theatres and few other places around the hospital. Didn't even realise until yesterday night how much union food court has changed. I must try out the food there one day, and the $3 lunch at Club and Socs before I make my escape to other not-so-warm places :P.

No comments: