Sunday, August 19, 2007


RCA rat race over and done, and results were out yesterday. I passed, which I must say was something lucky, considering that at the end of the round, just before handing in the paper, looking through and tallying the number of questions the answer to which I was unsure or didn't know, it was almost half of them. No thanks to the blown up CT and radiograph images of course. And a couple of random stuff that looked as though it should have been in the B&B rat race at the start of the year. -_-"' Who cares anyway?! I passed, and so did the rest of my friends, so here's to a stress free holiday! Yay!

Holidays are in a week or so. Though I've still got another lab or so, which I'm sure is going to be headed by MZ again, and the final mock patient interview, and a pharmacology lab, and a clinical chem tute to get through beforehand. Not that it's that bad I guess, the timetable is looking rather empty for next week ^^!

I've got the flight tickets for the end of the year at last. Though certainly not without much worry. For some reason or other, the lady, while told to book it in Dec and gave me the impression all the while that that was what she did, actually booked it a month before and realising her mistake only at the last minute when she decided to print the receipt out for me to look through and sign. Then it was come back tomorrow and we'll change the tickets for you, ok? Rigt, back next day. Just as well that the prices hadn't really changed, otherwise I'm not sure if I would want to listen to those stupid Asianic values my ancestors left me. Nod nod nod I went, and inside I was furious and would have loved to just slap her silly, but what did I do but play the Asian who shows not her anger in public or to people older than her and smile (albeit painfully). I feel pathetic, a loser somehow. Arrgh, I need attitued re-engineering.

And news just came that poor old Sandy had died. So I guess Miss Brookes had no idea how accurate her remark that we won't be seeing Sandy for the rest of the year would turn out to be. It's somewhat nearly unbelievable. Just a couple of days ago Prof Griffin was just telling us how Sandy was telling the docs what sort of antibiotics to give him for what bugs and what not. Feeling a bit empty at this news somehow. Too bad that from now on no one's getting his lectures anymore, but rather boring old Brookes instead. May you be at peace wherever you are then Sandy.

Students have been coming in and out of the flat lately to have a look through. It's been listed now since none of us are staying there next year, and it's a bit annoying at times when they choose to come around times when people are not at home. I rather they turn up on weekdays than on weekends. But then again, I guess it's not a big deal anyway, at least then I'll have motivation to do a bit of cleaning up I guess.

Trying out a bit of music yesterday was a wake up call. I've slacked too much now and should really knuckle down and get a bit of practice down. I've lost my sigh-reading skills and I can't find the keys as readily without looking down. I'm a little heartbroken by what I've lost though there's no one but myself to blame. I must, must, must visit the piano more often during this upcoming holidays. Come to think of it now, my hopes of getting a piano, my own piano, next year is more or less gone now. There's no way I'm getting one in a flat, not when there's a possibility of moving about every year, and there's even less of a possibility when in a 'studio room'. And there's not going to be a club and socs in Chch next year too. You owe me a kick in the bum now Wormy! Grrr.... I guess I'll figure out something by then. IF only I had oodles of money, then I would do it like how Vitus did - hire a studio for one sole purpose. Should I invest whatever I have in the shares now?? But which one?!

No comments: