Thursday, August 02, 2007


Seems like drug reps here work just as much the same way as the ones back home. I have no idea why they would work differently, perhaps because of the lack of mention? Or perhaps I was too naive and thought perhaps after being pounded with all that crappy ethics stuff we might become weird enough to not even be tempted by anything? LOL.

Lady from the renting company told me to check back by Oct and hopefully there should be two rooms for rent by then. Sigh. I don't want to wait till then. All the uncertainty is rather frustrating. On the other hand, turns out a classmate of mine is still looking for flatmates but I daren't really approach her yet simply because I don't want to end up not being able to deliver on a promise of flatting together later. Plus I can't think of any other way to not make a promise on that though if I talk to her. Plus, no idea if I'll be able to walk around Chch later knowingly I left her high and dry. But if I don't, and if the rooms don't turn out... I suppose in the end flatting isn't something I'm very keen on anymore, especially when there's family around. Somehow it makes it rather odd. Perhaps I should set the worm on the lookout for those hire-purchase homes? :S Fingers crossed then that those rooms are good and that I get them. *naive/ stupid-person alert!!*

Having time to think about it, should I even worry that I might not be able to polish off all those stuff in the pantry? Come to think of it, I'll be having to stay until close to the last month anyway and that's still quite some time away too? Especially since most of the flatties are running super early this year *sob*. Stupid, how many people even think about such banal issues?

Made the batik cake according to the recipe that Shu gave me. Come to think of it now, where on earth did I put it? Perhaps one packet of the Marie biscuits was too much? I would have preferred more of the fudgy chocolate stuff... actually, I rather just cut it all out :P! Wonder what's the reason behind the use of Milo and cocoa powder when one can just use cocoa powder?? I think I might be actually spending too much time around Sh, her chocolate addictions must be catching or something... is it too late to be vaccinated? *hopeful look* Now that that one's down, should I ask Shu how on earth she made that ayam masak merah?

With RCA coming up and then holidays and then who knows what next, I'm starting to wonder how much more time we have left together as a group. I'm kind of glad even for the suggestion of a pig-slaughtering 'adventure' (according to a certain someone, I have a perverted morbid sense of fun -_-"'). But somehow the thought that there might be rules surrounding killing a pig is somewhat beyond me. Ok, perhaps not so. I can see perfectly reason for having it around, but I'm not really in the mood to be rational. But then I suppose then again there are always other excuses that one can come up with. Is last minute bonding counter-intuitive I wonder? Is it just setting oneself up for frustration later?

I suppose I should go over and book my return flights for the end of the year soon. I keep forgetting. Tomorrow would be a good time I guess to do so, though I keep on wondering if perhaps I should instead wait for the possibility of another specials?

Somehow I feel like I have quite some stuff to do, but I don't know what. I dropped by the library in the afternoon today, after having fixed my specs (costs 10 bucks for one pair for 'feet' for them glasses *wince*, makes me wish I'm back home) and looked around for something raincoat like. Found ponchos being sold in the 123 dollar shop, though I might get them tomorrow or never. Some other stuff that were so darn pretty and enticing (more evidence of my hoarding tendencies??) but have to keep my hands off for. *itch itch itch*!! Thinking about it makes me wonder when's best to look at how best to move as well.

No comments: