Friday, January 26, 2007



Reading this at the moment. Parrotsai's book actually which she had finished and left behind for me ^^ Interesting story and even better drawings I must say! Come to tell the truth, I wouldn't even have touched the book if it weren't for it's excellent cover... yeah, it makes me wonder as well what sort of lousy + picky + superficial excuse of a reader I am ;P

Tried making bagels today. Didn't come out very right somehow. I don't think they are meant to be that hard. I mean, a diamond hard crust. It wasn't even brown. I suppose it must have been too long in the oven?? After all, it did say until it sounds hollow when tapped (hey, it can't be all that soft if you can tap it right??) and I didn't really check. I just went straight ahead for the max time stated in the recipe. And I'll know what a small fist is like next time. Lol, mumsy and bola mistook them for doughnuts! Oh, the shame of it all!

Tuna works well as a stuffing for fried dumplings using popiah skin. And I've discovered that strawberry jam doesn't taste all that bad after all. Though I still think the colour is revolting. Still surviving the lack of sleep-dark bags under the eyes, no thanks to bola, especially after realising that he's been setting the alarm at 5.50am even though he goes off to school only at 6.45am. This is what people call neurotic. This is what makes bola so disturbing. Note to self, mix in some mind-altering drug into his milo tomorrow. Kweee!

Got bola's little bed down today and put away parrotsai's into her cupboard now :( Miss my parrotsai... no more bullying in the morning for me. At least now he can quit trying to crawl onto the foot of my bed at night. Just hope he doesn't stomp on me in the mornings rushing out of bed :S!! LOL

No comments: