Saturday, October 07, 2006


By Renoir
H-X's lunch was today. We reached the Esplanade probably about... 1pm? The booking was for 7 people (yes, I miscounted -_-"!) and was for 12.30pm. Good thing the table they gave us could seat more than just 7 people... whew! We all had a great time... or at least I had.. we ordered 4 pizzas and 4 pasta dishes to share together. Someone deliberately not try the pasta due to the cheese yet (after much forcing and pushing and persuasion) managed to down 12 slices of pizza. Turns out it was altogether slightly too much for 8 people, so we ended up playing some merry-go-round game where the losers would have to take a slice. Turns out my mathematics skills have gone down the drain since high school! Arrrgh! And a slice of sticky date pudding with vanilla bean ice-cream with a candle too as for Bomi :D a belated birthday celebration... LOL!
Afterwards we spent some time watching the waves coming in. It was not as sunny as I would have liked it to be, but the waves were awesome! They crashed up against the rocks and went whooosh up into the air against the barrier! SL and I had a whale of a time trying to get ourselves wet.. tee hee... with quite a bit of success actually :P It's been so long since I've felt so young... what with all that unwanted stress from the upcoming finals! Eeps!
Went to the Afrotago 'A Taste of Africa' Cultural Night too. It was as colourful as the MCs promised, if not better! I quite like the 'fashion show'... I'm not sure as to how authentic the clothing on show were, but they were still fantastic! This was followed by a lovely variety of performances. There were quite a few items by the group from the Seychelles, and I had no idea my classmates were all along so talented as dancing and singing! They did three traditional dances (I loved the costumes by the ladies too... so eye-catching and swishy!) and also a really energetic hip-hop one. And there was a play too about an exiled crippled prince who finally learnt to walk and reclaim his rightful place as king again... What I love about this cultural night was that it was a totally relaxed night... it had a casual feel to it... sure, things weren't 100% perfect, but everyone enjoyed themselves tremendously and it was really good value for money I must say *wink* and the way they wove the cause they were fundraising for (for a World Vision project to help the children affected by HIV/ AIDs in Africa) into the whole programme so seamlessly... They even served a light supper for all who came... there was some sort of flavoured fried rice, some bread (with a pesto-like spread I think), and a bit of cake too. And I found out at last what those midnight sausage sizzles outside the dent school was about too! HAHAHA! aaand yes, credit to T for making me go in the first place... :P

No comments: