Sunday, October 15, 2006

My turn to do the special hymn today. I did some practice prior to it in the adjoining hall. All I can say it, I do better if I know that no one is listening or watching, and the little piano there is really really old and the keys, as they are played, you can hear it go plinky plonky in the background. Anyways, back to the main point. I've no idea why waaay before it was my turn (S was on for prayer and T was on for collection) I got something not unlike a panic attack [where's my valium when I want it?!]... darn... but then again it was a last minute decision to exercise my vocals... why am I making up excuses? Bottom line is my voice shook, my fingers missed, and my brain failed to coordinate = lousy performance. I've no idea why H.Sung would think it was good, seeing as he usually is the one with the high expectations. But I do. Grr... I'll clinch it next time round... wait.. I don't want a next time round. But what's with P.A. talking about putting a mic next to the piano next time?? Eeps! And now what am I supposed to tell P.A. bout this coming weekend? I'm not keen to celebrate my birthday, never was, and now in public? Don't want, don't want, don't want! *Help!*

And darn, was hoping to meet up with Jie before she went back to Chch. Sigh... but the weather was fickle. So she went back early so that she doesn't get caught up by bad weather. Fair enough, since it's a 5 hour drive. But thing is, some time after that, the weather improved and the sun came out... -_-"' I swear I'm going to shoot down some weather gods for dinner...

But in the end, with the threat of hail tomorrow and what with the abundance of sunshine, we went all the same. The flowers were in full bloom and there were masses of them! And they are stunningly beautiful. I didn't realise that rhodedendrons came in such a variety of colours... and sizes too! Some were like trees, rather than shrubs. And there were some interesting plants from Africa on display too. There was one little small plant with its flowers arranged like a club/ mic (??) which I found most intriguing... the flowers were so small and so packed, what sort of insect pollinates it anyway? I know the bees here that I've seen so far won't fit, that's for sure. And sitting on the grass, looking down at the cars below, makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. I should try climbing up those hills on the opposite side of town one day... *what madness is this?*

Remember, madness is infectious... :D

No comments: