Saturday, April 14, 2007


Played badmindton this morning, the first time since... primary six?? And that's like almost a decade ago now. I can still remember playing out in our garden back home in Kuching, without a net. A shuttlecock and our little racquets that grew more and more worn out with use was all we used. There wasn't even a set size to our little 'cour't. Always in the cool of the evening, without heed of the roar of the cars passing by the street outside, never caring about keeping score. All that mattered was to get the shuttlecock and making sure it kept clear of the big muddy ditch outside. How annoyed we would get when one of us sent it plunging to the bottom of the ditch, and how would have to net it out and then with much grimacing and wincing, wash it white again. It was either Sh's or worm's idea to do it this morning, and so an early start to the day it was, even before it was properly light outside. A surprise visit from puppy, a short walk down to pick up Sh, and a 20 minute walk to unipol saw us waiting outside unipol for a good ten minutes at least.

I don't remember ever being good at starting off the game, but frustratingly, I couldn't get the shuttlecock airborne properly even this morning, not until a few dozen tries. Can I still call myself Malaysian I wonder?? Even more interestingly was the fact that I wasn't the only one remember the good smash in the face with a racquet by worm, she did as well. Never had she mentioned it, that's is, up till now, that I thought everyone had forgotten. Lol. Hmm... can I put the blame on her now that my nose isn't as high as I want it to be? *naughty grin*

Afterwards was a trip with worm to the farmers market. Got more noodles and tofu. Turns out 'pa mien' in Heng hua actually means fresh noodles (a little wisdom shared by Sh). I guess that's why when grandma told me that could make that and described the process to me, I had thought it sounded just too simple. Shouldn't somthing with an exotic name be hard to be make and be all complicated??! Mmmm... should I try and have a go making it I wonder?

Baking session turned out well for Cl. Her brownie tasted great and very cake-like, though I'm not sure why the brownie wasn't brown or chocolatey at all. But then I'm not complaining, peanut butter beats chocolate for me anytime anyways. Hehe... she's making the cake for me?? :P And why, oh why didn't my souffle turn out right? *cries**weeps**moans* I followed the recipe exactly! Everything I make which usually needs rising usually just flops back down after they exit the oven door... excepting breads which usually stay up. Darn. Shall try again one day... when I have the courage to face the possibility of another failure. *sniffles*

Dinner was fun, even though the meat dish was waay too salty for my liking. Though I must devise better torture methods in future for interrogation. Interesting new concept. Torture over dinner. Some poison that brings agonising pain with an antidote that only I have? Then perhaps more secrets can be obtained...

No comments: