Sunday, April 15, 2007

Woke up rather early today... by worm's standards anyway for a Sunday. I woke up only slightly earlier to get the laundry going and to get the pancake batter done. I was hoping to make really thick pancakes, American style. No maple syrup in my pantry unfortunately. But then I think the batter could be slightly thicker. But then I can't make it really big either or there wouldn't be enough around. So in the end puppy and I agreed to water it down to make thinner but bigger pancakes. Should have let the batter rest actually, but I couldn't be bothered. I wake up hungry everyday :P!

Just as well we lacked an ID card for worm then, since I certainly wasn't in the mood for ping pong. We ended up strolling around the clearance shop and that craft shop (?) next to it, both of which were having closing down sales. I saw this lovely carving of a cockerel. I'm thinking and thinking still. Would my 20 be justified? I'll continue pondering meanwhile and I hope no one snaps it up lol (or do I??). The $2 shop got a visit from us three as well, though there wasn't really anything there to buy. Unless one counts the cute porcelain bowls. But then our flat has more than enough dishes and bowls than we need :( so the cute porcelain bowls in the shop will stay.

And thanks to puppy for the pizzas at Poppa's. Worm took the short cut out and choose an option that would let her have everything minus seafood. And puppy ended up getting the seafood option lol. Both were quite nice. Though I must say I'm still no lover of shellfish. The taste may be masked by other toppings, but the smell and texture is still there. Just as well my parents are not in the seafood industry then ^^ After that a short trip to the chip shop down the road. I couldn't remember how big the 2 dollar bag was anymore. Goes to show how often I get that when I eat out (I'll say it's a good thing then haha!). Even more scary then the greasy smell lingering in the air threatening to make me smell icky is the size of the bag of chips a boy walked out the shop with. It was big, no, humongous... I lie... it was of gargantuan proportions. Upon asking, it turned out that was a five dollar order he had placed. I guess that must be part of the family's lunch then. I can't imagine any kid finishing that alone. The heck, I can barely finish the two dollar bag on some days!

Afterwards, we trotted over to the museum for a look at their Big Ice exhibition. It was fairly interesting, but that is partly due to my lack of interest in antartic exploration. The most interesting thing I thought were the stuffed animal exhibits that formed part of the showcase. Not to forget the cute little whale embryo as well. How the hell that got that I'll never know. The hello dolly exhibit was much better. Worm still thinks that those dolls are creepy, but the point of these dolls IS to appear life-like. Goodness, the basic ones along G-street retail for about 300 bucks normally, which I thought was already rather dear (but understandable of course), but I'm certainly grossly uninformed. There was a clip as well of a collectible doll auction in Ackld where some dolls went for 7000+ :O! But they are really oh so pretty, with their well formed eyebrows and dainty painted eyes, and oh my gawd, are those creases painted along on their crimson lips as well that I see?! So detailed, so exquisite! Right, I should stop my rambling on those dolls here.

The museum also hosts some curiosities that set worm laughing... laughter that later infected the rest of us as well. Greek statues are interesting *nods head* lol. And the statue of Aphrodite was beautiful, but are arms not beautiful enough to be included in the sculpture? I thought arms were one of the parts of human anatomy that were most intriguing and beautiful...

Shopping for pizza stuff afterwards as well. Mood wasn't so good, what with my heel starting to act up again, and worm not paying attention and making the process all the more painful. But then the promise of fun tomorrow more than makes up for it. And making me happier still was the fact that the skate wings are salvageable! Pan-frying them made them so much better, to the point of being yummy. Worm wouldn't touch them still, for fear of a repeat of tummy upset. Her loss then ^^ I guess I'll just chuck out the stupid sauce and pan-fry the remains tomorrow. Muahahahaha!

No comments: