Wednesday, May 23, 2007


Waiata practice today in preparation for ECC week. Three more to come apparently, though it's not necessarily such a bad thing. It does provide some distraction from the dreary lecture-hall-cafe-home lifestyle, and the songs they've chosen are lovely. One, which they had provided a translation for was rather beautiful. I mean the translated version of course. Not that the melody itself wasn't lovely and soothing enough anyway. I was really surprised when I got hold of the audio file for the song though, apparently it's the same one that I heard when I first visited the Canterbury museum with dad! Didn't recognise it when we were singing it, I supposed I recognised the lady's voice featured in the audio file more than anything else, it is rather unique after all.

Here's the site with where the audio files were:
http://www.kmk.maori.nz/100.html

And no, I didn't take that picture of that tree, as much as I wish I were the photographer =.=

No comments: