Thursday, June 28, 2007

Zuend - The Harvest (1859)

Walked about the Art Gallery - tick. Botanical gardens - tick. Find Marge and Simon - half a tick. Turns out that the address I found online was the one. After all this while, I've finally been succeeded in getting back in touch with them. After one trip all the way out to Bexley and finding that no one's home, I took puppy's advice and called. I guess getting to see them is more important than springing upon them a surprise visit. Aaaand I don't believe it, she recognised my voice!! *big happy grin* Even though it was over the phone, even though it's been three years since she's heard it! So will be meeting this Sunday. She promised to pick worm and I up too. Can't wait to see the new house. The outside looks really pretty. Pretty as in Desperate Housewives suburb style pretty. (I'm feeling a bit disappointed that the old house got sold, and even more sad at the news of what's become of it now. *darn them new owners* But considering the size of it, the exchange rate and all... no need to even think about it.)

Just went for worm's 'meet the teacher's evening'. Too bad Mr. Moir was away on holiday at the moment as I was hoping to meet up with him again. Of all her teachers, only he and Ms. Varcoe (who I did get to meet) had taught me before. Whatever the teachers' comments, I guess it's suffice to say that they like her well enough and think that she has the potential to acheive even more. Her English teacher's nails were something though. I had a little difficulty trying to pay attention to whatever she was saying (guess I'm just as distractible as her Stats teacher who was very very surprised to see a certain someone *not me*!) as she waved her hands and wiggled her fingers as she talked. Her nails, her lipstick, her ear-rings. Red. Red. Red. A deep bright red that was screaming out for attention. The only thing that made it slightly scary was that her nails were pretty long. By my standards anyway. And beautiful Ms. Varcoe was still as good-looking as ever. She should have kept her hair short though, she looked better that way. Come to think of it now, she had a bright red top too. What's up with red and teachers?? :S

Played CTR (I think!) today. Must admit that it's addictive, so just as well it's not something I have easy access to *whew!*, especially looking at how I've returned to feeding my FreeCell and Solitaire addictions on worm's laptop!

Love is, above all else, the gift of oneself. -Jean Anouilh

No comments: