Sunday, September 03, 2006

Photo by Kenny Sia

I must remember to never put my alarm clock by my bedside.
I must remember to never put my alarm clock by my bedside.
I must remember to never put my alarm clock by my bedside.
[x100]

Sigh, would have gotten up at 10am if I hadn't put it next to me. I ended up getting out of bed at 11am, which meant I had to rush to change, clean and have breakfast and then run all the way down to Knox... only to find that I'm still early -_-" I guess I shouldn't have told myself to go slow when playing the accompaniment to S's solo, because she nearly ran out of breath through the long notes. Good thing I decided to not accompany her on the mic, since my voice isn't all that flash at the moment *cough cough croak* :P .. and lunch was lovely today - ommani was the chef today, so I guess it's a given. LOL! It doesn't mean that the others are lousy cooks though, so don't shoot!! :P

And yes, dinner at Q's has been postponed to Monday, since the meat parcels ommani ordered from Christchurch arrived astoundingly late *one of them badly squashed too -_-"* I suppose I should also learn to put what I learn into use, I mean sharing postive feelings (from the group session with PA today)... but I don't really think I like the idea of barging into the choir practice in the room next to ours and bleating out how much I love their singing and how amazing I think their conductor is (and yes, I mean it.. their singing sounds heavenly and the conductor actually conducts and tinkles out the accompaniment on the piano at the same time!).. that's just weird :S!

By the way, here's some bits off the notes from the group session that I thought was meaningful:

  1. If you feel it, say it. Even if you are not articulate, say it anyway.
  2. Do not wait for the ideal time, because it never comes. You may have to make sneak attacks sometimes where you just grab someone and say, "You are doing a great job" or "I love you" or "You are important to me." If you are waiting for the time to be right, that time will never come.
  3. Be very specific in your encouragement. The more specific you can be, the more meaningful the encouragement is.
  4. Do not exaggerate with false praise or empty flattery. "A flattering mouth works ruin"
  5. If you cannot say it because you just are not a verbal person, write it. If you are uncomfortable putting your feelings into spoken words, write them down and slip somebody a note. However you choose to do it. the key is to be sure to express what you feel.

Hmm.. nothing much else to report here now... Sunday isn't exactly the most exciting day of the week, though truth be told it's not all that bad either, since I usually spend the day with friends though :D!

No comments: